- Find us
- Latest News
- Alice's Icelandic Adventure
- Hale Celebrate WTD17
- Baden Powell Adventures
- Claire House fundraising
- Timperley spread the word of our Comfort Bags scheme
- Urmston Senior Section live it up!
- HSBC Bank at Ashley
- Timperley Rainbows have a Marvellous time!
- Rangers have a ball at Centenary finale
- Members go the extra mile for hospital patients
- Community Action – Comfort Bags Update
- Contact Us
- Remembrance day 2015
- Go Orange for Orangutans!
- Volunteering Award
- Internationals 2015
- Ashley website facelift!
- Judiths Gathering 2015
- Summer Gig 2015
- Growing Guiding, Partington
- Easter Bonnet Competition
- Ashley Update 2015
- County Watersports Day
- Fun Outdoors!
- Bike Ride
- Big Brownie Birthday
- 6th Higher Broughton Rainbows
- 10 Downing Street
- Adventure for Eccles
- Brownie badge collection
- Inspiring Women recognised
- Winter Wonderland 2015
- My First Guide Camp
- 7th Sale Moor Guides work together to run a fundraiser for ‘The Christie’
- Girls take the lead and create challenge badge
- Davyhulme District Guides take on the ‘Tunnel of Doom’ at The Crocky Trail!
- Sale Trefoil Guild Bonfire Get-together
- 7th Davyhulme Brownies celebrate their 35th Birthday on the sea bed!
- Rangers from Urmston take aim at Altrincham Target Sports Centre
- Community Action – 4th Urmston Guides raise money for Cancer Research
- 1st and 2nd Sale Moor Rainbows go on a Bear Hunt!
- Community Action – Supporting Salford Royal Hospital
- Community Action – Operation Christmas Child
- Walkden East District Lightwater Valley trip
- Timperley Rainbows enjoy a day trip using Gift Aid
- A great day at Monton Festival
- Bowdon District holds Big Brownie Birthday event at Red House Farm!
- Brownie Stay Away 2014
- Salford Museum 2014
- GMW Brownies Celebrate Big Brownie Birthday at Salford Museum
- Hooray for Betty! Girlguiding Greater Manchester West Congratulates Oldest Member on Award
- A Stay Away to remember at Kingswood!
- Big Brownie Birthday Star Quest!
- Big Brownie Birthday Exhibition
- A Grand Opening of the Region Headquarters
- Thank you to Joyce from Monton Guides
- 3rd Altrincham Guides talk about equality for girls
- A modern twist on Snow White!
- Brownies enjoy their first trip to Blackpool
- Going Away Adventures Summer 2013
- 12th Altrincham Guides return from exciting adventure in Dublin!
- 3rd Altrincham Guides celebrate their achievements
- Summer Gig a Great Success
- New Brownie Unit Opening
- Brownies interviewed by Radio Manchester
- Lightwater Valley
- Manchester Marathon
- Stretford Mall Event
- Hettich present cheque to Davyhulme Guides
Claire House fundraising
2nd Timperley Rainbows selected the Claire House challenge pack for their badge work in January.
They chose a few of the tasks, such as learning how to sign their names and a few common words. We are lucky that assistant leader 'Wren' teaches sign language and was on hand to provide expert tips!
The girls played Chinese Whispers to demonstrate how hard it can be to hear people and we also worked in pairs to navigate an obstacle course with one of the pair blindfolded.
We did a tasting and smells test, using spices, coloured waters and 'every day' foods to see if we could recognise them only using smell or taste. This was harder than we thought!
Fundraising in a fun way
Finally, we held a tea party and invited the Rainbows' families and select friends to enjoy homemade cakes and biscuits.
We also held a raffle with donated prizes and raised a fantastic £86.80 in total which we sent to Claire House. There are only 20 Rainbows in the unit and their families and we managed this amount in just our usual 1 hour meeting. The girls were very proud.
The girls really enjoyed the challenge and it was nice to be able to donate money to such a worthwhile cause.