- Find us
- Latest News
- Alice's Icelandic Adventure
- Hale Celebrate WTD17
- Baden Powell Adventures
- Claire House fundraising
- Timperley spread the word of our Comfort Bags scheme
- Urmston Senior Section live it up!
- HSBC Bank at Ashley
- Timperley Rainbows have a Marvellous time!
- Rangers have a ball at Centenary finale
- Members go the extra mile for hospital patients
- Community Action – Comfort Bags Update
- Contact Us
- Remembrance day 2015
- Go Orange for Orangutans!
- Volunteering Award
- Internationals 2015
- Ashley website facelift!
- Judiths Gathering 2015
- Summer Gig 2015
- Growing Guiding, Partington
- Easter Bonnet Competition
- Ashley Update 2015
- County Watersports Day
- Fun Outdoors!
- Bike Ride
- Big Brownie Birthday
- 6th Higher Broughton Rainbows
- 10 Downing Street
- Adventure for Eccles
- Brownie badge collection
- Inspiring Women recognised
- Winter Wonderland 2015
- My First Guide Camp
- 7th Sale Moor Guides work together to run a fundraiser for ‘The Christie’
- Girls take the lead and create challenge badge
- Davyhulme District Guides take on the ‘Tunnel of Doom’ at The Crocky Trail!
- Sale Trefoil Guild Bonfire Get-together
- 7th Davyhulme Brownies celebrate their 35th Birthday on the sea bed!
- Rangers from Urmston take aim at Altrincham Target Sports Centre
- Community Action – 4th Urmston Guides raise money for Cancer Research
- 1st and 2nd Sale Moor Rainbows go on a Bear Hunt!
- Community Action – Supporting Salford Royal Hospital
- Community Action – Operation Christmas Child
- Walkden East District Lightwater Valley trip
- Timperley Rainbows enjoy a day trip using Gift Aid
- A great day at Monton Festival
- Bowdon District holds Big Brownie Birthday event at Red House Farm!
- Brownie Stay Away 2014
- Salford Museum 2014
- GMW Brownies Celebrate Big Brownie Birthday at Salford Museum
- Hooray for Betty! Girlguiding Greater Manchester West Congratulates Oldest Member on Award
- A Stay Away to remember at Kingswood!
- Big Brownie Birthday Star Quest!
- Big Brownie Birthday Exhibition
- A Grand Opening of the Region Headquarters
- Thank you to Joyce from Monton Guides
- 3rd Altrincham Guides talk about equality for girls
- A modern twist on Snow White!
- Brownies enjoy their first trip to Blackpool
- Going Away Adventures Summer 2013
- 12th Altrincham Guides return from exciting adventure in Dublin!
- 3rd Altrincham Guides celebrate their achievements
- Summer Gig a Great Success
- New Brownie Unit Opening
- Brownies interviewed by Radio Manchester
- Lightwater Valley
- Manchester Marathon
- Stretford Mall Event
- Hettich present cheque to Davyhulme Guides
Manchester adventure for Baden Powell group!
On girls from across the county headed to Middlewood campsite in Worsley for a weekend of Adventure!
After getting in out of the storm and settling in, we all got to know each other over soup and sausage rolls and playing some silly ice breaker games.
We got to bed fairly early so that we were up and ready to catch the bus into Manchester the next morning. The girls spent most of the morning being spies, following a trail around Castlefield and solving clues. Then it was back on the bus down to Salford Quays for a spot of lunch and a kayaking session (the girls choice!)
Despite the freezing temperatures, the girls had a fab paddle around the Quays, racing between bridges and splashing the instructors! At the end of the session, 13 of the 20 girls chose to jump in! A hot shower and trip to Costa for hot chocolate were then in order followed by some free time for shopping round the Lowry Outlet.
It was then time to celebrate what the girls had achieved over the weekend, during their BP Challenge and their time in Guiding and the girls opted for a Chinese buffet. Many trips up to the buffet were made by all and it was a very enjoyable, relaxed evening. We then headed back on the bus to the campsite and time for a film before bed.
morning was time to find out about the opportunities available beyond Guides. Paula Gray came and introduced the different options available and the girls had little challenges and activities to complete based around the 8 sections of the Senior Section programme.
After lunch, it was time to head home with some new badges, new friends and new memories of Guiding fun!